Moldova, officially the Republic of Moldova (Romanian: Republica Moldova) is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe, located between Romania to the west and Ukraine to the north, east and south.
The country is a parliamentary democracy with a president as head of state and a prime minister as head of government.
Moldova is a member state of the United Nations, Council of Europe, WTO, OSCE, GUAM, CIS, BSEC and other international organizations. Moldova currently aspires to join the European Union, and has implemented the first three-year Action Plan within the framework of the European Neighbourhood Policy(ENP).
The shelf companies are not used, because if the business is decided to be established in Moldova it is done from the beginning for the concrete purposes of the client.
The most common form of the company – Limited Liability Company. The company can be created by one or several founders: natural or legal persons. Restrictions on the shares to foreign persons is not known.
The minimum share capital – is about 350 euros. In the case of a single founder the share capital is paid in full prior to registration. In the case of several founders until the registration can be paid 40% of the share capital.
- Income tax – 0%.
- VAT – a standard rate – 20%. VAT on exports of goods and services – 0%. As VAT is a lot of details, so you should set a specific situation.
- Payroll taxes.
- Income tax – 7%: with an annual income of up to 1,625 euros and 18% – with income in excess of 1,625 euros
- Health fund – 3.5% by the employer and 3,5% is withheld from the employee
- Pension Fund – 6% is withheld from the employee
- Social Fund – 23% paid by employers.
- Rates of medical, pension and social fund are valid in 2009 and next year can be changed.